Discussions on wild and captive ant experiments as well as news stories and public studies involving ants.
By Bhu Yonten
(dont know if i need to post it here or somewhere else but feel free to move it)

So 4 days ago i caught a Lasius fuliginosus queen. And i want to make a Parasitic ant colony so how do i do this?how do i catch Lasius niger(saw a video of someone starting a colony with Lasius niger) workers and eggs? Can they live in a Ytong nests?
By MyStupid Ants
I also caught L. Fuliginosus yesterday and all you have to do is look under rocks, lasius niger has tons of larve right under rocks, thrn take a spoon or something snd pick as mush as you can, give the larve in the same test tube as the queen is (btw i reccomend testube for smaller colonys) and she will take them
By MyStupid Ants
Jeoff82 they wont i tried to give her niger larve today and she ignored it, is it normal for them to be so active cuz she is keep looking for ways to escape
By MyStupid Ants
I will wait for the testubes to arrive and i will put her there and in the dark with some larve and give her food, and i will leave her alone for a week and see whats up
Hi

@Hyperion found one

Odontomachus monticola journal

I caught a beautiful dealate on the stairs at my s[…]

Myrmica Rubra Hibernation

1. How do i get them all into the nest for hibern[…]

Hibernation questions

Lasius niger needs 15°C or colder. They have an ex[…]