Keep your ant journals in here
By Squimbles
Never had any experience with this ant. I caught her under the assumption she was a Lasius Niger drone.

IMG_20170719_210318.jpg

I hope she is sterile and if so I am looking forward to seeing how her colony will evolve. If she isn't sterile, I guess I might invest in buying one of her kind off the internet.

So far I have provided her a basic test tube setup as seen in the picture above. I have also fed her one pre-killed, sterilized fly that was soaked in sugar water. I will remove the fly after 24 hours and leave her for a week or so.

Stay tuned :)!
By Squimbles
Update 21/07/2017 22:56

Finished establishing a mini out world for the queen. She still has wings and has not come close to settling down yet... I hope she's fertilized!

IMG_20170721_224043.jpg

She had a bit of honey and I had already given her a fly for 24 hours. Now I will wait for a couple of days and see how she does!
By number6
they take ages to remove there wings ive even got a few that never removed theres best bet is a dark place for a few days then see if any changes also look for another queen to join her least that way you get a colony started :)
By Squimbles
I may invest in a queen online but I'm worried they might reject each other. Furthermore, I can only buy some with workers which means the workers might kill the queen?
By jeoff82
[quote="Squimbles"]I may invest in a queen online but I'm worried they might reject each other. Furthermore, I can only buy some with workers which means the workers might kill the queen?[/quote

I caught a lone queen today with no wings, you can buy her if you want, £10 posted to UK.
Squimbles, number6 liked this
By Squimbles
I may consider it. I am going to leave the current queen I have for a week in her mini nest and see how she does. Keep the offer on the table though.
jeoff82 liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]