Discuss keeping ants in here. Including what to feed them, hydration, development, disease and everything in between.
New members should post your questions in here.
andavane wrote:Gosh, how weird! She hasn't got near any poison I hope! :o

She's fine now I think It was because she wasn't settled I just put a heat mat down and she was fine

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
By RobJ
Hey, there sometimes my ants and queen do this too but it's only when am looking at them as they have detected me by noise or vibration but I think it's short of a message to other ants could be wrong.
RobJ wrote:Hey, there sometimes my ants and queen do this too but it's only when am looking at them as they have detected me by noise or vibration but I think it's short of a message to other ants could be wrong.

Thanks RobJ do you think the ants can see the light through the red acrylic

sam.m18091 wrote:
RobJ wrote:Hey, there sometimes my ants and queen do this too but it's only when am looking at them as they have detected me by noise or vibration but I think it's short of a message to other ants could be wrong.

Thanks RobJ do you think the ants can see the light through the red acrylic

Its not proven what they can or cannot see. I keep my colonies in the dark or at least give them the option of darkness, any sort of light may stress them. My Formica species are very sensitive to vibrations more than the other species I have,often running around for cover if I breathe near the nest. On the other hand, my Lasius species may not seem to flinch at disturbances.

I am thinking about selling some ants this year (m[…]

This forum is getting really quiet so why not spic[…]

Lasius niger has a reputation for being very stubb[…]

I bet anything in Korea can be found in China so j[…]