Discuss keeping ants in here. Including what to feed them, hydration, development, disease and everything in between.
New members should post your questions in here.
By Hogy-Bear
Okay, I definitely know there are some flights happening. was at a bar last night and could see some males flying, they don't blend in well with white! couldn't tell what species but their size would suggest messor or bigger.

I have identified 5 big messor colonies near me and have walked to them twice in the last week. I haven't seen any queens yet but I'd imagine that it was because I went at midday. I'll take a stroll down later in the evening and see if I can spot any. I think it was the rain from 2 days ago that brought them out. I hope I'll find some, very annoyed I didn't bring a single test tube over with me though! I'll just have improvise if I do catch any.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Squimbles liked this
By milant
Go to a makeup shop or a Euro shop and buy either a tablet divider or something similar. They make great improv containers
By Zoron
If you have no test tubes with you what u can do is find a leaf. Then find a piece of paper asap. Fold an origami box while keeping close tabs on the queen. Finally pick up queen again with leaf and put into new box. Transfer to tube setup at home :-) . Don't know how to make box? A simple funnel will work as well. Just don't shake it around to much, nothing for the queen to hold onto.

Hope this helps!
~Asoroa
jeoff82 liked this
By Hogy-Bear
andavane wrote:By 'cathing' I assume you mean 'catching', ?

In my defense I had just woken up! But yes that I what I had meant.

By Hogy-Bear
milant wrote:Go to a makeup shop or a Euro shop and buy either a tablet divider or something similar. They make great improv containers

That's a good idea, I think I'll go buy some later. Thanks.

By jeoff82
Zoron wrote:If you have no test tubes with you what u can do is find a leaf. Then find a piece of paper asap. Fold an origami box while keeping close tabs on the queen. Finally pick up queen again with leaf and put into new box. Transfer to tube setup at home :-) . Don't know how to make box? A simple funnel will work as well. Just don't shake it around to much, nothing for the queen to hold onto.

Hope this helps!
~Asoroa

This is genius!

Hello, Would like to know more about your set-up. […]

Hi

@Hyperion found one