Discuss keeping ants in here. Including what to feed them, hydration, development, disease and everything in between.
New members should post your questions in here.
By milant
So I was away for many months abroad and most of my ant colonies died. I wasn’t expecting to be away for so long and there was nothing I could do. Only my C.herculeanus and M.barbarus survived. My issue is that the M.barbarus are absolutely out of control. There’s probably 700+ workers crammed into two small formicariums (they’re even nesting in the outworld). I’m unsure if to buy new nests and outworlds or just sell the colony
By RobJ
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Keep your head up high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
By AntKeeper101
milant wrote:So I was away for many months abroad and most of my ant colonies died. I wasn’t expecting to be away for so long and there was nothing I could do. Only my C.herculeanus and M.barbarus survived. My issue is that the M.barbarus are absolutely out of control. There’s probably 700+ workers crammed into two small formicariums (they’re even nesting in the outworld). I’m unsure if to buy new nests and outworlds or just sell the colony

Well it depends do you know your going to be gone a long time again? and if so are you willing to get someone to feed them?
Gold fishes Lasius niger journal

I expect the colony to gain around 70 new workers[…]

Hello

Hello, I'm just getting into this amazing hobby of[…]

Good morning fellow enthusiast

I started ant keeping when I was younger but never[…]