Discuss keeping ants in here. Including what to feed them, hydration, development, disease and everything in between.
New members should post your questions in here.
By Daubz1977
Dont always want your food dead.
By Geo
think in future, ill mix it up from crickets, and do meal worms etc, just for a change (: but for now crickets is a good start.
By Nile Antboy
I have always feed my ants live food since their first nanotics but firs I started with prey about the size of them and they use dto be wnigless fruit flys the queen of my colony use to help take down food if her wokers were findding it hard
By Geo
I wouldn't know, I would assume feeding them live food is safe as well, I guess I am scared in case an ant dies while trying to take it down... haha maybe something small like fly or meal worms would be an easy take down for them... but think ill start with just freezing my crickets, and maybe change it up in the future.. (:

what kind of ants where they?

also freezing the food does make them last much longer.
By Daubz1977
Going to feed all mine live food once there up to about 50 or so workers, depending on the food size as well

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
By Geo
Daubz1977 wrote:Going to feed all mine live food once there up to about 50 or so workers, depending on the food size as well

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Maybe in the future Ill do the same, would be fun to watch I guess ants taken down stuff.
Pheidole noda

Its all good mate thanks for your help appreciate […]