Discussion on artificial ants nests including Test Tubes, Soil Nests, Foraging Areas and Ytong Nests
By Adam.ant
Where to buy Ytong or plaster in the UK? I was going to use Eden formicaria but she is on maternity leave.

Any ideas?
By beantalk
building material shop
grr not good with english
the shop that sell cement should sell plaster
By Adam.ant
Thanks guys, and incase I can not be bothered to do it myself, where else can I buy ready made Ytong nests?
By Adam.ant
Bhu Yonten wrote:Antstore sells some.I also sell ready made nests( 10 x 10 width and 5 cm thickness for 6 pounds + shipping) non carved blocks with glass ( 10 x 10 width and 5 cm thickness for 3 pounds + shipping)

Do you have any photos of the ready made ones?
By Richard_16v
I got my blocks from Wickes - they aren't called YTong in this country i don't believe - they are known as AAC Blocks (from memory) and are basically the same - aerated concrete. I think I got 2 blocks for less than £5.

Add a sheet of acrylic for the window, a tube of aquarium safe silicone and length of tubing and you are all set. The blocks you get are large and have been big enough for me to make about 5 nests so far, just draw on a design, gouge out with a screwdriver or a dremel and then drill a hole for the tube, then silicone on the glass.
By Leafcutter
I'm starting production of Ytong nests in a few weeks, there is a real lack of them on the market so I've taken this up to start mass producing them myself.
By Leafcutter
Yes, I have a few sizes in the making but this size will be perfect for a founding Camponotus colony, for example.
By Squimbles
This triggers my trio phobia haha.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]