Share your ant related photos and videos here. Regular prizes of ant related booty for the best submissions.
Forum rules: Please prefix your posts subject with PHOTO: or VIDEO:

eg: PHOTO: My new Messor barbarus
or: VIDEO: Lasius niger foraging
By Zoron
My closest search came to identify this ant as a Solenopsis molesta. However with a lack of side views and frontal face view I am unsure if this is exactly the ant you have. Depending on size this may be an alate or a queen.

Hope this helps
~ Asoroa
Zoron wrote:My closest search came to identify this ant as a Solenopsis molesta. However with a lack of side views and frontal face view I am unsure if this is exactly the ant you have. Depending on size this may be an alate or a queen.

Hope this helps
~ Asoroa

No, no, that's the one. I have two. One with wings, and one that I watched mate and remove her wings. So one is an alate and one is a dealate. Thank you so much!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By Zoron
Dealate? You mean a Queen? Also no problem
Zoron wrote:Dealate? You mean a Queen? Also no problem

A dealate is an alate which has removed her wings, prior to the founding process. Essentially, yes, a queen, but before she has laid any eggs.

scarletAsh wrote:Hi mika, need better pictures closer up and from multiple angles

Unfortunately, my nice camera isn't working at the moment. But we have conlcuded that this alate is a member of the species Solenopsis Molesta, commonly know as Thief Ants.

Hello, Would like to know more about your set-up. […]

Hi

@Hyperion found one

Odontomachus monticola journal

I caught a beautiful dealate on the stairs at my s[…]